Friday 3 February 2012

The Muscular System

After having the skeleton base mesh ready, I could start the muscles. A vast amount of research went into finding out where exactly each muscle goes, and the shape of each.

I am attempting to sculpt each muscle to a realistic and natural form. I want to stay away from an immensely strong man, but go for a more natural build. I have used many resources to achieve this so far such as photos of  dissections, CT scans, cross-sections and illustrations.

The fact I have built these pieces around a pre-made skeleton has improved my understanding of anatomy a lot as the form of most muscles are a largely affected by the shape of the skeleton.

Although unfinished, I present a WIP screenshot of my progress so far:


An exploded view of each element.

No comments:

Post a Comment